Third inspection called at Wincanton

Thu 19 Jan 2017

This afternoon's jumps meeting at Wincanton will have to pass a third morning inspection at 11am if it is to go ahead as scheduled.

Officials at the track remain on frost alert after overnight temperatures dropped to minus 4C.

Clerk of the course Barry Johnson announced an initial precautionary inspection at 8am, but thetrack was only "80 per cent raceable" as temperatures hovered just below freezing.

A further inspection was staged at 9.30am, yet the situation is still inconclusive.

Johnson said: " We're 85 per cent raceable and we're fairly confident we'd be raceable by 1pm, but obviously we can't leave it that long.

"We're going to have another look at 11am, so we'll see where we are then."

The going is currently soft, with a maximum of 6C forecast throughout the day.

The first race is due off at 1.40pm.

More Latest News

Loading...
This video is playing in Picture-In-Picture. Click to Exit.
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.