Robert Havlin intends to lodge a further appeal against a six-month riding ban imposed by France Galop after testing positive for a prohibited substance.
Ruling body France Galop said last month the Newmarket-based jockey had returned a positive sample when riding at Saint-Cloud on October 30 and that it would "request the reciprocation" of the imposed sanction by the British Horseracing Authority.
Havlin strongly refuted the findings, saying at the time the ban was announced he was "deeply upset and shocked" by the suspension and that he fully expected to clear his name following what he described as an "outrageous miscarriage of justice".
Paul Struthers, chief executive of the Professional Jockeys Association, confirmed Havlin will continue to contest the ban with France Galop, having had his initial appeal dismissed on Thursday
However, should he fail in that final appeal, he will then ask the British Horseracing Authority not to reciprocate the suspension in this country.
In a statement, Struthers said: "To say Rab is disappointed by the outcome is an understatement. He fiercely maintains his innocence and will continue to fight to prove this.
"There is one further stage of appeal with France Galop which will be lodged today.
"In the event that appeal fails, we will definitely be lodging an application with the BHA on Rab's behalf for the penalty not to be reciprocated."