Frankie Dettori to appeal against 10-day riding ban

Mon 16 Jul 2018

Frankie Dettori will appeal against the 10-day ban he incurred at Newmarket last week.

The Italian finished second aboard Angel’s Hideaway in the Duchess of Cambridge Stakes, but was suspended after the stewards found him guilty of careless riding.

He was adjudged to have allowed his mount to shift right without sufficient correction in the Group Two heat, with Main Edition and La Pelosa among those suffering interference in behind.

Dettori was “devastated” on being told of the suspension which currently rules him out of the King George VI And Queen Elizabeth Stakes and the whole of the Qatar Goodwood Festival, where he counts Stradivarius and Without Parole among his likely mounts.

He said: “The appeal has gone in this morning.”

He is due to be out of action from July 27 to August 5 inclusive.

More Latest News

Loading...
This video is playing in Picture-In-Picture. Click to Exit.
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.