Siobhan Lineham, Dan Lineham’s Bar
Siobhan Linehan, from the Dan Linehan's Bar, Killarney explains how the UK's premier horse racing TV Channel is bringing in the punters.
Economic times are really tough, what works well to draw in new customers?
The best way to draw in new customers is by word of mouth. We are lucky in the fact that our regulars tell their friends about us and encourage them to visit. It is therefore important to look after the regulars and ensure that they receive the best service on offer.
We are blessed with our location; our next door neighbours are Ladbrokes. We attract new custom from people placing their bets in the bookies and coming into our pub to watch the race; Ladbrokes is a perfect neighbour for us!
We have been okay through this economic climate so far, we have cut back prices as much as we can to make it as cheap as possible for our punters.
These people love the horses, it's their hobby and they are unlikely to give that up
Do you organise any promotions or activities to maintain customer loyalty?
We run promotions and additional activity for all the big race days.We will be organising a sweepstake for the Grand National. We donate a sum of money to charity and divide the remainder between 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. It generates a lot of interest and people come in just to see how they are doing.
5 top tips:
1. Pick your sport and stick to it. We have Racing UK on all day showing all the races, we don't worry about other sports so the punters know what to expect, racing is what they come for.
2. Go the extra furlong for punters. On a busy race day we give some complimentary food which keeps them happy - it's important to look after your customers.
3. Involve a charity - people experience a sense of community and feel they are doing something worthwhile.
4. Make the most of your location wherever it is. We are lucky that we have Ladbrokes next to us, but wherever your location it is important to take advantage of it. 5. Make sure you create a constant buzz and electric atmosphere - that is why our regulars come back! Call 0870 351 8834 to subscribe
4. Make the most of your location wherever it is. We are lucky that we have Ladbrokes next to us, but wherever your location it is important to take advantage of it.
5. Make sure you create a constant buzz and electric atmosphere - that is why our regulars come back!
Call 0870 351 8834 to subscribe