Rose not certain to travel
Sunday 8 July 2012
Andrew Oliver is weighing up all the pros and cons before deciding whether to run Sendmylovetorose in the Irish Thoroughbred Marketing Cherry Hinton Stakes at Newmarket on Friday.
The daughter of Bahamian Bounty has won both her starts in a Navan maiden and a Group Three at the Curragh, but in between those successes she had an unfortunate experience at Royal Ascot where she was withdrawn after rearing over backwards in the stalls before the Albany Stakes.
Should connections choose to bypass the Newmarket Group Two then she could well be supplemented for the Keeneland Phoenix Stakes at the Curragh on August 12.
The County Tyrone trainer said: "We have to make a decision during the week. There are several factors involved. For one we are waiting on the ground. She goes on easy ground and though she's a sound good-moving filly who we think will go on good ground, the easier the ground the better for me.
"I'm just a bit conscious of her travelling twice within the month after her abortive mission to Ascot.
"That was still a three-day turnaround trip and then she ran at the Curragh the last weekend, so it's just a bit concerning timing-wise. The other consideration is the other option we have on her agenda is whether to supplement her for the Phoenix Stakes at the Curragh.
"That would mean taking on the colts. There is the Silver Flash Stakes (at Leopardstown) but that is a Group Three and she would have to carry a penalty for that.
"The races we are considering are the Cherry Hinton and the Phoenix Stakes.
"A decision will have to be made before the declaration stage for the Cherry Hinton on Wednesday and she would have to travel that morning if she was going to Newmarket.
"It will probably be one or the other."