Weekend decision likely on Wizz
Tuesday 9 October 2012
Connections of Irish-owned filly Wizz Kid will wait until the weekend before deciding whether to let the Prix de l'Abbaye heroine make the trip to Ascot for Champions Day later this month.
The Robert Collet-trained filly, owned and bred by the Ballylinch Stud in County Kilkenny, fairly rattled home in Sunday's race at Longchamp to deny July Cup winner Mayson his second Group One haul by a neck.
Wizz Kid does hold an entry in the Qipco British Champions Sprint on October 20, but John O'Connor, racing manager for the owners, is keen to see how the four-year-old recovers from her Paris efforts before committing to a run.
O'Connor said: "As far as I know she's come out of the race well, but there has been no decision on when she will run again.
"I think it's too early to say at the moment. We'll see how she is over the next few days and then I will discuss plans with Robert over the weekend."
Among the stallions standing at Ballylinch is Lawman, who has a half-brother to Wizz Kid due to be sold at Tattersalls in Newmarket today.