Racing UK Jobs
Welcome to the recruitment page of Racing UK.
Racing UK is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on grounds of sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, ethnic origin, disability, age or political or religious belief in its recruitment or other employment policies.
JOB TITLE: PRESENTER – TURF TV
(1 x Full Time or 2 x Part-Time opportunities / job share - 15 months Fixed Term Contract)
REPORTS TO: CHANNEL EDITOR – TURF TV
LOCATION: EALING, LONDON
- Host the channel's horseracing output, either alone or with a colleague, providing expert analysis of the day’s UK and International horseracing and presenting unscripted coverage of breaking news stories as required.
- Mainly works in the studio, but may also be required to work on location on the occasions Turf TV has an on course presentation camera.
- Will be required to work a shift pattern that also involves unsocial hours to serve the needs of the broadcast.
- Proven extensive knowledge of UK and US horseracing, plus a good grasp of racing internationally.
- Obvious aptitude for or experience of presentation.
- Capable of handling lengthy periods of live broadcasting.
- Must have a clear speaking voice and demonstrable confidence in front of the camera.
- Confidence to work without an autocue.
- Ability to conduct interviews with a range of industry experts with flair and authority.
- Approx. 18 shifts per month FT / 9 – 10 shifts per months PT
- Evenings, weekends and bank holidays are an integral part of the shift system
Applications by Monday, November 7 to Racing UK recruitment, c/o firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should include a cover lever, CV and showreel.
To comply at all times with Health & Safety regulations and safe-working practices in accordance with current legislation and as detailed in the Company’s Health & Safety Policy and Procedures.
This role profile is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be reviewed from time to time to incorporate changing circumstances, and you may be required to be flexible and perform other duties as required by your manager. It does not form part of your contract of employment.